It common to prepare passport size photo on daily basis on print shop, thus creating a recorded action is better for re-usability.
Indian passport application form requires a front facing photo with 4.5 cm. X 3.5cm. with white background.
To Record an Action for a Prefect Passport Size Photo:
- Choose File >> Open and Open photo. Touch up, straighten and make white background manually.
- Choose Window>>Actions or Press Alt + F9, Actions Panel will open.
- Click “Create new set” from bottom bar of the panel, name the set “PassportSizePhoto”.
- Click “Create new action”, Type Name – “Passport Size 4 x 6”, Choose Function Key F12 from drop down, Click Ok. Action recording will be started.
- Select Crop Tool, set width – 3.5 cm, height – 4.5 cm and resolution 300, Press Enter.
- Adjust and Crop the Picture and Press Enter.
- Check the toggle action before crop action recorded so that each time action runs it asks to crop you manually the photo as they may be of differently taken.
- Press Ctrl+A to Select Photo
- Press Ctrl+C to Copy
- Press Ctrl+N to Open New Blank File with same dimensions as crop.
- Paste Photo, Merge Layers with Ctrl+E
- Select Edit>>Stroke, Give 1 px black stroke from center.
- Deselect photo and Go to image>>image size, select pixels in drop down with 108 in width and height.
- Press Ctrl+A and Give stroke same as in step 12.
- Select All after giving stroke, copy.
- Open new document with dimension 6 x 4 or required size.
- Paste using Ctrl+V, arrange and duplicate layer as many times to fill sheets as required.
- Stop Action Recording, Close All Files.
- Open any file to create passport size photo.
- Open Action Panel, Select Passport Size 4 x 6 action, Click Play Selection or Press F12 to run action.
- Crop the photo when asked, further processing takes place and automatically created passport size photograph sheet.
- Reuse action whenever required to create one click passport size photo.